If you are reading this article then we can assume you have the desire to grow our own herbs but lack the knowledge of how to get started. There are a lot of questions that come along with starting an herb garden. Questions like:
Which herbs do better if they were grown from seeds?
What is the right kind of soil to grow herbs in?
By purchasing an herb garden kit you will receive the answers to these questions and much more.
Herb garden kits contain a large variety of herbs and can be categorized into Italian herbs, Culinary herbs, International herbs, German herbs, Herbal tea herbs, Salsa herbs and many more.
All herb kits are different but contain similar items in which to get started with. All herb kits will contain seeds. Some herb kits will contain a dome that will provide consistent temperature and humidity for the herb plants to thrive and to grow a healthy root system. Kits will also contain an instructional guide. This will provide the herb grower with easy to follow instructions to grow their herbs successfully. Recipes in which to use the herbs that you are growing are also provided in some kits. Websites that sell herb garden kits will offer a newsletter you can sign up; they also provide recipes and additional useful information. Kits will also provide the planter in which the herbs will be grown in. Again, all kits are different but, most kits will also provide either soil or pellets in which to grow the seeds with.
Growing herbs indoors from an indoor herb kit has many benefits.
1. It is easier to enjoy the herbs because they are right at your finger tips. You don’t have to trek out to the garden to add a little seasoning to the pot on the stove.
2. The constant growing conditions that are provided to plants in indoor conditions the herbs have a constant temperature in which to thrive. Especially herbs that don’t survive the winter weather conditions.
3. All herb garden kits are different but most are small and compact. They are great for small spaces or apartments.
4. When growing plants outdoors it can be hard to judge which area in the garden will get the right amount of light for each plant.
5. Rain fall makes it easy to water plants but too much rain can also be harmful. By growing herbs indoors with a complete instructional guide, you are able to take the guess work out of this hobby.
It takes a little work to successfully grow garden herbs and a good way to learn is through an herb kit where the difficulties are removed, and you are left with the enjoyment of the herbs. Once you know how herbs grow, you can move them into your garden and become an herb expert.